A G E N D A
TOWN OF COTTON VALLEY
BOARD OF ALDERMEN
Town Hall Meeting, September 12, 2017
1. Meeting Called to Order
2. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Motion to Amend/Accept August’s Minutes
4. Motion to Amend/Accept September’s Agenda
5. Report from Mayor
6. Committee Reports
7. Motion to Pay the Bills
8. Citizen Input on the current agenda matter only.
9. Mayor declaring October as Appreciation Month for the Town of Cotton Valley’s Police and
Fire Department. Town of Cotton Valley will sponsor.
10. Introducing Balar Engineering who is here today to discuss our 3rd Amended Cooperative
Endeavor Agreement between The State of Louisiana and the Town of Cotton Valley for the
Town’s Sewerage System Improvements, Planning & Construction.
11. Resolution asking for the Town of Cotton Valley to receive Public Bids on Town Property,
Lots #7, 8 & 9 & 13ft South of Lot#6. Property beside Post Office. Minimum Bid will be
12. Resolution for the Town of Cotton Valley to pledge its support to the Louisiana Military
Department and the Louisiana National Guard economic efforts and military training activities
on Camp Minden.
13. Resolution to request annual municipality funds from WPPJ to be used toward the repair of
the Town’s Back Hoe. This new Resolution rescinds a previous Resolution voted in May 9,
2017 to repair Valley Oak Street.
14. Introduction of Ordinance 282 establishing the enforcement of the local Town Leash Law and
Live Stock Law.
15. Resolution on the Food Bank.
16. The Mayor addressing Town Council concerning the members on the Fire Board.
17. Police Chief, Terry Brown, reports.